Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cold ?

Here's a puzzler: Last night, while the thermostat registered the usual 73 degrees (we let it get down to 71 overnight), DH was cold.

Now, understand that this is the same hot-natured man who wears short-sleeved shirts all year, and usually sleeps with one sheet over him while I've got two or three (thin) blankets. Very odd situation, in other words. He thinks it was related to the niacin-induced flushing reaction that he had last night (cholesterol meds), although the chill part hasn't been this bad since the first time he had the reaction. The reaction that had us going to the ER on the coldest freaking night of the year. He was so cold then that his teeth were chattering, and not just from the weather.

So last night, he got one of my blankets, plus the polarfleece Incredibles freebie blanket, and stayed under them both all night. And I had just one blanket. Which is why, at 3:15 in the rotten morning, I was up scrounging blindly (no contacts!) for another blanket. Because it was still warmer than usual in the house, and I was still freezing my toes off too. I ended up with a baby quilt, because it was the best I could find.

It was just weird, because it wasn't colder than usual in the house, but we were both cold. I'm stumped, especially since we've got draft blockers on all the doors. I know our thermostat is a little inaccurate, but that was just odd.

I wonder if this is a sign that I should start working on that afghan I've been planning to use the Ebay yarn for?

No comments: