Thursday, February 14, 2008

Video & book reviews

For anyone who cares, and to help me remember later:

We've been watching Sesame Street videos from the library, and I'm keeping notes about which ones we may want to buy later. (Basically, I'm going for things that aren't Elmo-centric. Because that song is worse than Achy Breaky Heart as an earworm.) This week, we saw Sing Yourself Sillier at the Movies and the 25th Anniversary Musical Celebration.

Sing Yourself Sillier . . . isn't bad, just not what I was hoping for. Lots of songs for the kiddies to sing along with, but not much of the Muppet characters, other than Telly & Oscar doing their Siskel & Ebert routine. We may buy it later if El Burrito gets a fascination with singing or something.

The Anniversary special, though, may get put on the birthday list or something. It's got a lot of the classic Sesame Street songs (27 total, I think), but Elmo isn't front and center like he is on some of the more recent stuff. (It's strange to think that this video was made 15 years ago.) It is a "musical celebration" - most of the hour is songs, with just a little bit of non-musical setup to string things together.

Bookwise, I read Hounded to Death by Laurien Berenson and Monica Ferris' Knitting Bones, two more mystery-series novels. Quick reads, both of them, and probably not something I'll re-read (although the Needlecraft series is a possible), so I got them from the library.

No comments: