Friday, February 1, 2008

Goings On

The "to do" list is getting longer, but a few things are getting marked off. I started a Flickr account to go with the Ravelry account, and I'm looking into Ebay alternatives.

Found out a cousin of mine had a baby this week. Unmarried, baby's father is in Iraq until April, and the baby wasn't due until March. And she has no insurance. And, to top it all off, she only told her parents a few weeks ago that she was expecting a baby. My poor uncle; he got soo much crap from my grandparents when his 2nd daughter got a divorce, and now this. He'll never hear the end of it, and it's not all his fault. But then my grandparents (on Mom's side) are like that. A couple of my cousins have divorced or broken up with someone, and the grandparents, Grandma mostly, will blatantly take the side of the non-relative, sometimes for no good reason.

But now, maybe certain relatives will finally get over the fact that I wasn't taking out newspaper ads as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Yes, we waited until Christmas, when I was all of 4 months pregnant, to tell our parents. I didn't want to spend the holiday get-togethers answering endless repetitive questions, and I didn't want to give my mom another reason to go overboard on the shopping, especially when she was worrying (needlessly) about finances and Dad's retirement.

And now I'm off to work on something. Who knows what, but something.

No comments: