Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Good service

For the record, I've gotten some good service lately.

Fisher-Price sent us replacement batteries and an AC adapter for our baby monitors, free, when the first two adapters stopped working. No charge, and they arrived today (I called last Tuesday). I haven't put the batteries in yet, but I'm assuming everything will work as planned.

My local library, which I will miss terribly if we move out of the county, is awesome. I put in a recommendation (online) last Wednesday, for them to purchase the first series of Slings & Arrows. (They had seasons/series 2 and 3, so having series 1 seems like a logical thing.) Within two or three days, it was on my Holds list, and I picked it up today. That's very fast, so fast that I suspect it may have been ordered before I suggested it. But I love the online catalog, the ability to recommend purchases or request Interlibrary Loans online, and the fact that if I recommend something and they do purchase it, I'm automatically put on the waiting list for it. It's great!

I ordered a pair of horse figurines online a while back. Limited edition of 50, and they sold out in 3 days. The first pair shipped early in January. And never arrived. After a month, the seller sent a second pair, which they'd saved for me after learning about the MIA pair. The second pair arrived in 3 days, so I don't know where the PO has lost the first ones. But the seller could have just refunded my money (the box was insured) instead of saving a second set for me.

No comments: