Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another problem

Here's something else I have to take care of. Just noticed it the other night, while updating Quicken.

We returned a rug to Target a week or so ago. They helpfully put the credit back on the credit card, without needing the card.

Fine, or so I thought.

I was looking at the return receipt Sunday night, and noticed a tiny problem. We used three gift cards for part of the purchase, with the balance going on my credit card. One was a Target gift card, and the other two were those pre-paid credit cards, which we'd gotten as a rebate payment from Lipton.

Guess which card the credit was sent to. Yup, one of the pre-paid cards.

Guess what we did with the pre-paid cards after we used the $10 balance? Uh huh, we tossed them. At the store, if I recall correctly.

I wonder how long it will take to explain this one to the Target customer service person?

(And how did they decide which card to issue the credit to? Because the card that got the credit was the second of three "credit cards" on the receipt. Why not the first "credit" card, or the last one, or the one that had the majority of the purchase on it? )

So, next time I'm in Target, I'll be standing in line and wondering how best to explain this one. Luckily their CS people seem to usually be pretty experienced. Unlike a few newbie cashiers who were stumped by coupons and those checks from the baby formula companies. But it'll still be more complicated than saying "This didn't fit, I want to return it."

No comments: