Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday's Picture - Irish River,


This is the Sneem River (or River Sneem) in Sneem, County Kerry. I believe this is the part of the river that ran through the little town of Sneem. Another bit of the river ran right past the B&B we were staying in, called Derry East Farmhouse. The owners are a nice couple who raise suckling calves as well as running a B&B. We had one of the best meals in Sneem, at a little restaurant called O'Sullivan's Sacre Couer. Actually we ate there twice, it was so good. And I'm not just biased because I was sitting next to a heater there - it was one of the few times I was really warm in Ireland. (Did I mention that I under-packed for the weather?) The meal for both of us only cost €35, which was very affordable. I had salmon, which was about 16 ounces, and DH had fried garlic chicken (about 1/4 of a bird), plus the usual boiled potatoes, cheesy cauliflower, and the first non-mushy carrots we ate the whole trip.


No comments: