Friday, March 2, 2007

Eclipse this weekend !

In case you didn't know, there's a total lunar eclipse on Saturday evening. Here in the midwest, we'll unfortunately miss part of it, since it won't be dark yet. (We have to wait until August to see a full lunar eclipse.) But we'll get to see part of it, and how cool is that? This is the first one locally since 2004, I think. I've got about 24 hours to figure out enough of the New Camera to get a half-decent picture. I'll also have Old Camera ready to go, but it's flakiness lately means I won't be depending on it.

In other news:

El Burrito and I took DH out for lunch today. Then we stopped at the library, where we found a flyer with the dates for the next Big Sale (March 17 and 18th - wooo hooooo!), returned a few overdue books, and picked up a couple of holds.

We need to get back in this habit, now that the weather is hopefully no longer going to be hideous on a regular basis. Back in the Pre-Burrito days, I had lunch with DH every Thursday. I'd pick him up, we'd have lunch (usually Chevy's, sometimes Bandana's BBQ), drop him off back at work, and I'd go run errands and do the shopping. I also went to the library every Tuesday, to rotate the book stock and to hit the Friends' weekly sale in the lobby. Post-Burrito, especially this winter, that hasn't worked so well. It seems to take forever to get both of us ready to go, and timing it to coincide with a not-hungry period got tricky. He's finally going 4+ hours between bottles, which is good, but his schedule has changed lately. These days, the first nap hits sometime around noonish and lasts for about two hours. Given that DH tends to lunch around 11:30 and the book sale runs from noon until 3:00, there's a bit of a scheduling conflict. However, the mall tends to be best before noon (fewer people; no teenyboppers!) so I need to start doing mall runs in the morning.

And I just ordered some Breyers online. Blame Salem Saddlery's 50% off sale, and a person on my Breyer e-list who likes to find these sales and encourage everyone to shop. :) She told the list about a sale at American Livestock Supply a few months ago, and I think we may have bogged their server down, because they sold out of everything in just a few hours. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time. With the ALS sale, I ordered 6 or 8 things, and all but 1 sold out before my order shipped. :(

Yesterday, I finished reading The City of Ember - a "young adult" novel, but still pretty good. I'm wondering what the big Disaster was. And luckily, there's a sequel, The People of Sparks, which the library also has, and which I just put on hold through the wonders of their online catalog.

Just got some news about the Stargate SG-1 movies, which are meant to wrap up the series since the Unbelievable Twits at Sci-Fi decided to cancel the show. Gah. At least I have 9 seasons of DVDs to watch and re-watch.

One of the best episodes of Gilmore Girls is on right now on ABCFamily. Kirk running naked through the town. Luke & Lorelai finally kissing. Babette, Patty and Luke playing board games. What more could I ask for? The only downside is the whole Rory/Dean thing. What was the girl thinking? The last few episodes have been pretty good; I like reruns.

And I found the cutest summer hat for El Burrito in the Lands' End catalog last night. But get this. Sizes: XXS, XS, and S. That's it. Crazy, I tell you. And judging from their size charts, the S might fit him now. Maybe. But would be too small in three months when he'll need it. Back to the hunt.

No comments: