Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Day

. . . was an interesting day. At 3:30 this morning, I was awake and hungry - we'd gone out to dinner ($20 pizza) and I had a little too much caffeine, and the pizza didn't stick to my ribs like it should have. So I had a PB&J at 3:30 a.m. Oy.

The "fun" for today was getting lunch and eating it with DH and El Burrito in the public garden near the office. We should have gone with the cafeteria food. I was having my annual itch for KFC, so we went through the drive-through (I didn't have the stroller with me). I thought I could get two meals for under $10. Wrong. $14.80, for a total of 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 2 biscuits, mashed potatoes, & cole slaw. And sodas. Gah. But, the food quality has gone down enough that this fix should last longer than usual. It'll be a year or so before I get a notion to hit KFC again, and even then, it's the biscuits I really like. Probably because I don't want to know the fat content. Lately, the chicken from HyVee's deli is better than KFC.

Anyway, other than the food issues, lunch was fun. The garden is greening up, although they don't have the flowerbeds started yet, and the koi aren't out in the ponds yet. But the redbuds are looking nice. And the pin oak by our door has started to leaf out, although I think the lack of mulch and the hatchet-job of pruning last year has killed the roses along our sidewalk. Makes it more of a shame that the cuttings I took from them last year didn't work.

And, news flash!! El Burrito has his first tooth! At ten months and change, so not quite as late as I was (14 months or more).

No comments: