Thursday, March 8, 2007

More space issues

Two other space issues that irritate me about This Place.

1. Thanks to the lovely issues of space, we have a really limited amount of seating. As it stands right now, we had to get rid of the couch to make room for the glider and baby swing, and we sold the table and chairs to make space for the crib. That leaves us with the love seat, glider, and office chair. Which means that on the rare occasion that we have company, we're limited to three people at a time. And that's if someone chooses to sit on our lousy folding chair. Not that we have a lot of company anyway, but we'll never be able to have both sets of parents over at the same time or anything. No parties for us! Usually it's my parents, when Mom needs a grandbaby fix. And I swear, the last person who came through the door other than us? Was probably the HVAC guy to do the fall furnace checkup.

(And don't get me started on the lack of post-baby visitors. All the baby magazines and websites were full of people wondering how to deal with the flood of visitors at the hospital and home, and tips on getting the visitors to run errands for you. Our "flood" was my sister and one of DH's brothers. The brother's visit ended up costing us money. And my grandparents came for an hour. That's it. We had a drought, not a flood.)

2. The lousy floorplan also makes it darn near impossible to do any indoor exercise. I bought a yoga mat two years ago, with the intention of working out indoors with videos and the Denise Austin show on Lifetime TV. After I got home, I looked around and realized that, short of moving the love seat every time I wanted to work out, there's not really any spot in this condo where I can unroll the yoga mat and have room to stretch my arms to the side. I took a fitness class while I was pregnant, and the home workouts were pretty skimpy because we have such a lousy layout. Yes, I can go outside and walk, if the weather is decent, but sit-ups, etc, are better indoors.

In short, just two more reasons why we want to move, soon.

No comments: