Monday, March 19, 2007

Mondays

News flash: I can't hula hoop. Bought one this weekend, thinking it might be a fun way to get a little exercise. Target wanted $7 for a hoop, so I found one at the dollar store for $1. And it might be a good thing that I didn't spend a lot on it, because even though I think I've done it before, I stink at hula-hooping right now.

Some progress was made over the weekend. In today's paper recycling were 22 catalogs and 18 magazines, plus assorted papers. Grand total - 22 pounds. And there's another large stack of magazines that will go out next Monday if no one on Freecycle wants them.

We hit the library's spring book sale and came home with a pretty good haul. $44.50 on Saturday, $8.50 on Sunday. Mostly paperbacks at 50 cents each, but a few CDs as well, 2 hard backs, and a VHS. I love their sales. I especially love finding a few books that can be re-sold to pay for most of the trip, although that didn't happen this time.

No comments: