Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Tuesday tidbits

It's been a sort of productive day, although I don't seem to have gotten a lot done. What did I do? Well, El Burrito slept a little later than usual. After breakfast I packed us up and we went to the library and the mall. We returned a very overdue library book, checked out a book called What Not to Build, and spent $10.75 at the library's book sale while El B grinned at the checkout clerk. Then we hit the mall for a few errands. We came home with stamped postcards, a safari hat for El Burrito from The Childrens Place, and the last season of Northern Exposure on DVD.

The hat is one that we need for this summer, and El Burrito de la Cabeza Grande is hard to find hats for. When we do find a nice one, they generally are sold out in his size, or don't make it at all. Last fall, there were scads of too-cute bucket hats on clearance. The Childrens Place Outlet had a bin full of denim ones, only $1 each, and not one was big enough for him then, much less six months later. Ditto at the Gap Outlet and the Carter's store. I scouted out a few stores at the mall on Saturday, and went back today to see if anything I found would actually fit. TCP had two of the khaki ones that I liked left in stock, and luckily one seems to fit. Our 9-month-old boy is now the proud owner of a hat that is size 18-24 months. You see why I learned to crochet winter hats for him?

I was ready to order the DVDs from Amazon, until I remembered the $3 coupon that was included with the last set. So I waited until Sunday and checked the Target ad. Jackpot! Target's price is $5.00 lower than Amazon's price, and I can use the coupon at Target. No coupons with Amazon. Score! It pays to shop around.

On the other hand, the shopping trip threw off the usual routine. I had lunch two hours later than usual, and El B's noonish nap didn't get started until almost 3:00. Now it's 5:00 and I feel like I've gotten not-much done today. I've been involved in a discussion online about color genetics in horses, and I'm not seeming to communicate clearly. And now I'm going back to my Yahoo Inbox, which at 1,554 messages, is threatening to stage a coup.

No comments: