Monday, March 5, 2007

Eclipse photos

As promised, the best of my photos from the eclipse. None of these turned out as well as I'd hoped, but I kind of expected that. I am still figuring out the tricks of this camera, and making rude comments about companies who write a 95-page manual, but only send a PDF copy. Hauling the laptop out Saturday night along with the camera and tripod would have been a bit much. :) But, as soon as I get the focus figured out, I'll be set. Luckily, I have 5 months to get ready for the next eclipse.




This is the best shot, although it could have been zoomed more. This is cropped, and about 75% of the original shot was blackness. I wish I had zoomed more and used a higher resolution shot for this one. But, it's still pretty cool.



A longer exposure on this one, which is why the moon is so glaringly bright.




A more-cropped version of #2, so you can see the moon better.

Luckily, the next eclipse is in August, so I won't have to choose between manipulating tiny buttons with gloves on, or manipulating tiny buttons with frozen fingers. :) And next time, I'll try to remember not to leave the strap around my neck while the camera is on the tripod. It meant that I was hunched over for most of these shots, and probably wobbled the tripod a bit.

No comments: