Monday, April 9, 2007

Running behind

This has not been the most productive Monday. Here in the land of procrastination, Monday is Laundry day. I don't know why, it just is. (Contrary to FlyLady's idea of doing a load a day, which to me would just stretch laundry day out until it was everywhere. I prefer to do all of it in one day, so that for a brief hour or so on Monday afternoon, I can say that the laundry is really done.)

Today, though, hasn't been going as planned. Laundry day is usually 6 loads, sometimes 7, very occasionally 8. The first load usually hits the washer around 9 a.m. and I go from there. But today I'm running late. It's 3:00 pm right now, and the third load just went in. Ai ai ai. The first load started two hours late, because I didn't get the laundry sorted last night, El Burrito slept late after his hard weekend, and I can't sort the laundry without waking him up (it's a space issue).

As far as that list of things to do over the weekend, well, yeah. The list is still 90% intact. We did eat out for lunch, and had dinner with the in-laws and assorted cousins last night. We did do some shopping, including a run to the grocery store for Peeps on Sunday morning. I intended to get some Peeps at Target, but when I was there on Saturday afternoon, their Easter candy was wiped out. Beyond decimated. I would like to run by the store today and see if they finally put the Cadbury eggs and marshmallow bunnies on sale, but that depends on whether the body shop gets done with the car today. Sigh. The taxes did get worked on, and DH will be doing that more tonight. His plan is that when he comes home tonight, we're (El Burrito and I) are supposed to pretend he's not here. Other than dinner I guess, so this could be interesting. :)

But, the crib mattress isn't lowered, the porch didn't get measured, and the decluttering effort is still in that "darkest before the dawn" stage. I realize things usually look worse before they look noticably better, but for some reason we seem to get stuck in the "worse" part and never make it to the "looking better" end.

As far as the shopping?

  • I did not buy anything at Ace Hardware - the pansies they advertised weren't there, thanks to our cold weather, and I didn't buy a new pot that I need for a houseplant, because I forgot to measure the current pot. It's in dire need of a new and heavier pot; right now it's in a light plastic pot, and it's top-heavy.
  • I did not buy anything at Hobby Lobby. Not even the neat-looking new yarns they had, or the clearance yarns. I was looking for school-theme scrapbooking things for Mom, but Hobby Lobby didn't have anything.
  • I did use the special 30% off your total purchase coupon at Michael's, to get some things that Mom needs for the scrapbook she's working on (a retirement scrapbook for my Dad). Plus we bought some photo frames, $2.50 each, for pictures of El Burrito to decorate DH's cubicle.
  • After looking at prices for chocolate-covered marshmallow bunnies, it's cheaper to buy Peeps and dip them in Hershey's syrup. Probably taste just as good, too.
  • I bid on, and won, and auction on Ebay for El Burrito - it's a big lot of about 53 Peek-a-blocks and Roll-a-rounds. Including shipping, we're paying about 65 cents per block, which is a darn sight cheaper than the $1-plus that Amazon wants.
And, totally out in left field, this toy looks wrong to me. It's called the "My Little Pony So Soft Pony Walking Sweet Steps." Now, don't get me wrong, I had my share of My Little Ponies in earlier years. But a baby pony in a walker, with a rattle and a sippie cup, just seems not-right to me. Ponies walk on all four feet, not two.

Weather report: Darn cold here over the weekend. Below freezing at night, after at least one day of 80-degree weather two weeks ago. From what the newspapers have said, the tree-fruit crops locally may have been hit pretty hard, if not wiped out. Fun fun.

No comments: