Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mid-week

Some progress has been made today. Hooray!

  • The plants are watered (and part of them were moved outside before the HVAC visit yesterday)
  • The sad looking jade plant got repotted. It came in a 2-inch or so pot, and was sorely in need of a bigger pot.
  • I've got one of my sister's birthday gifts mostly finished.

The best news? El Burrito seems to be back on schedule. I have no clue why we got off track for a week, but it was Not Fun at All.

On to the pictures:



The washcloth I am crocheting for my sister. She picked the yarn, and it's a nice combination, but after working with it, it makes me think of Neapolitan ice cream. :) It's crocheted in single and double crochet, a mix called a "sedge stitch" in the pattern from Lion's website. It's part of a spa set with a bath mitt and a few washcloths in different patterns. Lion used their organic cotton yarn for the set, but I can't get it around here and I thought I'd use different colors anyway.



The other color my sister liked. This one's bright and cheery, and should make a good washcloth or bath mitt.



The poor jade plant in it's old pot, which didn't drain well and was too small. It looks much happier now, but it spent too much time in low light, so it looks all straggly.



The Canadiana yarn I ordered from Joann.com. The purple I'm trying to match is 2nd from the left, top row. The blue on the bottom row doesn't go well with the purple, but it will be perfect for another afghan I found a pattern for, as soon as I figure out carried-color crochet. At least two of the other purples look like they will work well, so now I just need to decide on a pattern for the future afghan, and buy the rest of the yarn. What doesn't get used for an afghan won't go jobless, though. I can always make hats, scarves, and balls.

And now it's time for El Burrito's lunch.

No comments: