Thursday, April 5, 2007

Just stuff

First:


El Burrito with his grandma's tulips last weekend. Out of a dozen shots, there are very few where he was looking at the camera. That's unusual for him - he's a bit of a ham. His favorite aunt called from Georgia after I sent her a CD of his pictures, to ask "Does he always have that cheezy grin on his face?" Well, yeah, unless he's asleep or I manage to sneak up on him. I sneak better with the new camera, because it sounds different from the old one. He's still figuring it out. :)

If you're looking for toys, Amazon has some toys on clearance right now (if you go down the page, on the left you can sort by discount %). I spent $30 on El Burrito last night, after getting DH's opinion on a few things. He ended up with the Pet Pals Roll-a-rounds, the Learning Town Car Wash & Barn, and some wooden alphabet blocks from Sesame Street. The blocks are a gamble - they're only $6, but there' s nothing indicating the size anywhere. Not even Google could come up with any size information. I guess I'll have to wait and see. At least the blocks are shipping soon - the ship date for the Roll-a-rounds is, get this, April 16, 2007 - June 10, 2007. I'm boggled.

(I like the Roll-a-rounds and Peek-a-blocks a lot. So does El Burrito. I need to start hunting Ebay for them, as they're hard to find around here. Amazon or Fisher-Price changed their stock recently, and instead of a 6-pack of balls for $6 or $8, it's now 3 blocks for $9. I don't think so. Ditto for the alphabet Peek-a-blocks. Some merchant has them on Amazon for $52 right now. I think the set is $25 at Target, but we'll wait on those for a while longer. They're nice, but not that nice, thanks much.)

I'm also waiting for an xD card I ordered from Amazon. I ordered it on 2/23, and the "estimated ship date" is March 28, 2007 - April 11, 2007, per Amazon. The strange part is that it was in stock at Amazon a week or so ago. If I hadn't used a gift certificate for it, I would have canceled and re-ordered when they were in stock. But, luckily, I ordered another one with the camera, so I'm not in dire need of one anyway.

Now, if I can just get motivated to do some cleaning and organizing. It's already Thursday, and I have no idea where the week went. I do know we're working on our taxes Saturday, and going to the in-laws for dinner Sunday, so the weekend is already booked. We were going to replace the fake-grass "carpet" on the screened porch this weekend, but with highs predicted in the 40s (after 70s last weekend), we're postponing until warmer weather.

No comments: