Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Busy busy busy

That says it all. Busy busy busy.

Our concert is this weekend, so I'll be offline for a few days. Wouldn't you know, this is the day Ebay had a discounted-fee day, and I can't take advantage of it. Instead I'm working on the lists of things that need to be packed - a list for El Burrito's stay with Grandma and Grandpa, a list of stuff we need to take (like tickets, for example), and a list of things we need to do before we leave, like feeding the fish, doing the laundry and dishes, etc. and so on and so forth. Yikes.

Then there's other things that need to be taken care of. One grandparent needs El Burrito's birthday list, and I have no clue what to put on it. He's got sufficient (understatement!!) toys and clothes, so I'm stumped. I'm inclined to ask for a rain check, so that after we move, they can buy a few things for his room if they want (curtains, whatever). There's a stack of stuff that needs to be filed. I need to order some supplies for the aquarium, like the chlorine remover that I've been meaning to order for a month now. My 8-year-old car needs to go in for it's 30,000 mile checkup.

And there's this weird guilt over the fact that El Burrito is almost a year old and hasn't been on any playdates or anything. He's never spent any time around kids his own age, just cousins that are at least 18 months older. Heck, I don't know anyone at all, much less nearby, with kids close to his age. So now I'm afraid of turning him into a social mess like I am. Plus, he'll be crawling (or walking) very very soon, which is freaking me out for a few reasons, like making the place somewhat safe for him to roam and what to do with the not-safe-for-Burrito stuff, which there is a lot of.

And those are just the things I can think of right now.

And now I need to get myself off this computer and go take care of a few things. It's Tuesday, and of course everything on TV is new tonight, so I need to scare up a blank tape. Have to tape Gilmore Girls, since my sister keeps missing it, and Deadliest Catch. Next week will be fun, what with Veronica Mars, Deadliest Catch, and the Unit all on at 8:00. We may have to resort to the midnight run of Deadliest Catch.

No comments: