Thursday, April 19, 2007

It takes real talent

or something like it, to start your day off the way I did. I managed to spill milk and Cheerios (but mostly milk) on the couch when I sat down. And then, while reaching for some Kleenex to soak up the milk, I spilled the rest of the milk out the other side of the bowl, and into my lap. And then, to top it all off, I actually grabbed the towel from the back of the couch, put it in the milk puddle, and finished eating the Cheerios before they went soggy.

And that, friends, is why the covers for the couch cushions are in the dryer right now, along with the pillows, and the cushion foam is sunning itself out on the deck. If I'm really lucky, the covers won't shrink too much.

Other than that, the day has been pretty boring. Took DH out for lunch. Stopped at Walmart on the way home for two, count them, 2 things. A big vinyl pocket bib for El Burrito, and the three-pack set of My Friend Flicka movies on DVD (which is the only way to get the third movie on DVD). Neither of which I found. But I did come home with a flower pot for my dragon tree, two packs of seeds (portulaca and viola), a 6-pack of yellow violas and a DVD of an old horse movie called The Winter Stallion with Daniel J. Travanti.

Which is why I should avoid Walmart, and basically any store with a "garden center," this time of year. I am limited to container gardening, and since we will be moving in the near future, I don't need to be starting seeds in the windowless window boxes and such. My houseplants were enough of a pain to move last time. Of course, starting seeds in 30 pounds worth of flower pots should be a sure-fire way to find a house, right? :)

No comments: