Monday, April 23, 2007

Laundry day

Fun with Laundry! I got a surprise when I took the first load out of the washer today. Apparently, the white towel I used to soak up the milk spill last week also had the white kleenex from the first spill stuck inside it. I had a load of dark blue, burgundy, and hunter green towels full of little bits of tissue. That was a lot of fun to deal with. The kitchen floor looked snowy until I got the broom out.

The weekend was fairly boring. We did the shopping on Saturday, which took most of the afternoon and part of the evening. We ended up spending more time at the mall than planned - DH's car was having a tire problem, so we dropped it off at Sears while we went to Target. They found a piece of metal in the tire, so that's why it was losing pressure. And now we've got that fixed before we leave on our road trip.

El Burrito pulled himself up in the playpen on Friday night, and his second tooth broke through, so he had a big weekend for his eleven-month birthday. Unfortunately, we found out the hard way that the playpen was a bit too close to the wire cart under the bar. He managed to pull a few things off the top of the cart, including a horse figurine I got last month that was laying on top of the cart until I could fix the stability problem that the figurine had. Now, it's still unstable, and has two nice black marks on the neck from a run-in with the aquarium, and some paint missing from one leg. My own fault for leaving it there, so I can only be mad at myself.

And there are about forty-eleven things that need to be done before we leave for Nashville. Bleah.

Crocheting-wise, I finished the second washcloth for my sister, whose birthday is today. I mailed her card on Saturday, and she knows the presents won't arrive this week. Pictures to come.

No comments: