Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Aachooo!

That's my day in one word. It's warmed up here - again - and the sneezing is back. In spite of the daily dose of generic Claritin, I've sneezed a lot today. The Kleenex inventory is being whittled down, slowly but surely.

This takes the cake, I think, for "overpriced organizing product" of the day. It's the "Pro-Con Pad" from a fairly well-known author of organizing books. I've read the book, it's pretty good. But seriously, the woman's trying to sell a 60-sheet notepad for $6.95, plus shipping. It's not that special - it's just a 6x9 notepad, divided into two columns, one for Pro, one for Con. This is what junk-mail envelopes live for, people! Give the poor envelopes a purpose, and use them for scratch paper. I, personally, love the envelopes that my library notices come in. I can put the shopping list on one side, errands on the other, and stick the coupons in the envelope itself.


The HVAC guy came today to check out the AC (which hasn't been used yet, thanks to a cold snap). Low on Freon again, which isn't a surprise since the unit is probably close to 20 years old. He recommends at least getting an estimate on a replacement. Joy. Nice guy, though.

And, at least the front room/s were clean enough not to be embarassing. Of course, I didn't manage to clean much last week, so we had to resort to the usual method. Which is "shove it in a box/tub/laundry basket and stick it in the other room." Sigh sigh. Sure, the living room is presentable, but the bedroom and the nursery-by-default are both Not for Public Viewing at all right now. It won't take long, though, before most of the stuff returns to the living room. It's stuff that needs to be dealt with, and some of it is things that can't just be shoved away and ignored. Sigh.

And while I was finishing up this morning, I found out that El Burrito is not fond of the vacuum cleaner. Which is obviously a sign that I don't vacuum enough.

I started a bit of crocheting today - a washcloth in something called sedge stitch, from a free pattern on Lion's website. They used their new Organic Cotton, but I'm using Lily's Sugar 'n' Cream yarn in Rosewood, which is a variegated rose/white/tan. It actually reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream.

1 comment:

wrnglrjan said...

Once when the Munchkin was about El Burrito's age, I got the vacuum out and she ran away. I didn't think much of it and let her go be in another room, but when I was finished and went to find her she was shaking so hard, so terrified, that I honestly thought maybe she had some kind of as-yet-undiagnosed epilepsy and was having a seizure. Poor kid. She's still not totally over it, either, though she loves the robot vacuum we mostly use instead anyway.