Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

I'm not that superstitious, but it's been a weird day already. El Burrito is still way off the normal schedule. He flat-out refused to sleep most of yesterday. Instead of the usual 2 naps, about 2 hours each, he had one tiny 45-minute nap. And that's for the whole day - woke up at 11 a.m., finally went to sleep somewhere between midnight and 1:30 am. I'm not sure of the exact time, because we were also finishing our taxes, so I was thinking surly thoughts about whoever came up with our state tax forms and the whole use-tax idea. And whatever twit at BestBuy.com thought it would be a good idea to not put any price information on their order confirmation email.

El Burrito is still on his anti-nap mutiny. He's been in his crib for an hour now, and usually he'll fight it for 15 or 20 minutes, then finally fall asleep mid-cry. Not today. He was to being asleep about 30 minutes ago, but he fell asleep sitting up and bent forward at the waist. So, I had to rearrange him, which woke him up, and there went the nap.

So, again, a mostly-wasted day. I did manage to haul us out to the grocery store, mostly to get some prints done at their one-hour photo. Of course, I couldn't juggle a cart and stroller, and El Burrito hasn't ridden in the cart yet and I don't trust the straps on the carts, so I only got part of the grocery list. DH gets to stop for the rest on the way home. Yet another wasted trip, until I figure out how to work things. Gah.

The grocery store is starting to be my favorite place to get prints in person. Their machine works fine, and they offer your choice of matte or glossy, at good prices. Regular price is 22 cents, today's special was 13 cents. And, by the way, the stupid machine at Target seems to have fouled up my SmartMedia card. Lovely. Hopefully it'll work after the camera reformats it. Otherwise, I'll have trashed one of my three 128 MB cards, which are getting scarce. I've thought of selling one on Ebay, now that I've got the new camera that uses xD instead of SmartMedia. Still chewing on that one.

Speaking of which. Here's some Amazon zaniness for you: I ordered an xD card back in February. It finally shipped yesterday. The zany part is that it's been shipped by UPS, and if it hadn't been for Amazon's free shipping on $25+ orders, it would have cost me $5.50 to ship the thing. The fact that an xD card is approximately the size and weight of a $1 coin, and it's being sent UPS? Boggles my mind.

Weekend plans: 2 inches of SNOW, and the childrens' book sale at the library.

No comments: