Thursday, April 17, 2008

When I win the Lottery

I will spend so much money at Sideshow Collectibles.

Check out the Indiana Jones figure (are they still called action figures?) that goes on sale tomorrow. I'm all in favor of replicas that look like the character they're based on.

Yes, I'm a geek. I bought the big mondo gift sets of the Lord of the Rings movies, the sets with the Sideshow/Weta figurines of Gollum, the Argonath bookends, and the Minas Tirith box. The detail on Minas Tirith still amazes me.

They did a miniature of the Golden Hall of Edoras that looked stunning. I drooled for hours, but I couldn't pay $125 for something the size of a shoebox. I got the Puzz3D instead. They also made a statue of Gandalf and Shadowfax, and Samwise with Bill the pony. They're all sold out now, so I'll have to hit the jackpot.

In the meantime, I'll probably end up with a Taters of the Lost Ark, because it's just too darn funny.

No comments: