Monday, April 14, 2008

Book sale fun

I do love the Friends of the Library sales. You can't beat 4 books for a dollar, or 2 for a buck if they're hardbacks.

I made it to the children's sale both days, but by Sunday things were pretty sparse. I left El Burrito and DH home asleep on Saturday, and actually found a parking space in the main lot. (Lucky me, because I bought a lot of books that day.) I shopped for an hour, and filled up all of my sturdy totes for $29.50. I got some Sesame Street books for El Burrito, as well as some board books and picture books, and a few things that I read as a kid.

On the way home, I stopped at the Habitat for Humanity fundraiser garage sale, and scored some really neat stuff. I got a bag of books, including 3 old Trixie Belden mysteries and a JavaScript book, and I ran across an old booklet about horses. It's pretty basic stuff, but I bought it (a whopping 25 cents) because the illustrations were done by Sam Savitt. He drew the nicest looking horses, I think, nothing overly fancy, but they all look like the kind of horse I'd like to own, for some reason. He and Orren Mixer are two of my favorite equine artists. I also found a Puzz3D of the Titanic for just $2, and only missing 2 pieces. (DH wonders why the Titanic is flying a U.S. flag, though. I told him to ask Wrebbit, because I don't know.)

The book sale on Sunday was pretty picked-over, but I bought a few more books, including a couple that look really interesting.

No comments: