Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Online shopping

. . . is sometimes a pain. I'm trying to squeeze in 4 orders for naptime today, since they've been on The List for a month now, and it looks like I'll only get one done. I wasted time comparing the final totals for 20% off versus 10% and free shipping. I was going with the 10%, but I found out during checkout that the code expired Monday. Rats. So it's cheaper, in the long run, to add a Potato Head and hit the $50 minimum. The math makes my head hurt (or maybe it's the allergies).

Hasbro's website, by the by, is a pain as well. It has a habit of timing out to a 404 error, way too often. Sigh. Also, in Hasbro's oddness, the Star Wars Potato Head 3-pack (Darth Tater, Spud Trooper, and R2 Potatoo) is *more expensive* ($28.99) than buying the Darth/Spud 2-pack and an individual R2 ($24.98).

And Thunderbird burped again today, which resurrected a few hundred deleted emails back into my Inbox. What a pain, and I can't figure out how to keep it from doing that. I empty the trash folder and compact the mailboxes regularly.

No comments: