Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday

(because I'm still not having any luck with titles)

The weather here is beautiful for April. We've had the doors open the past few days, getting a nice breeze, and El Burrito & I spent more than an hour out on the porch yesterday. I wish there was someplace outside to let him run around, but the best thing here at the condos is a grassy area, unfenced, right next to the street. Where people "walk" their dogs, and may or may not clean up the leftovers. I need to see if there are any city parks around here that I don't know about, that may have kid-friendly areas. It's almost time to move the houseplants out, too, although that may cramp El Burrito's space on the porch a little.

El Burrito and I went shopping today. We walked through Sears on Tuesday on our way to the Post Office (it's nice to have a PO branch at the mall), and saw some 75% off clearance racks. I didn't get to stop, because El B. was walking instead of strollering, so we went back today. We came home with 4 pairs of khaki-style pants for me, and 3 shirts. Grand total - just under $30.
  • 2 fleece sweatshirt-type shirts - $1.24 and $2.49
  • plaid button-front shirt - #3.74
  • Lands End chinos in black and blue - $7.49 and $6.24 (they look identical, go figure)
  • Classic Elements khakis- $3.74
  • brown khakis - $4.99
And we took a stroller ride around the buildings before we got the mail and came inside, so more exercise for me!

I tried on a pair of Levis 550s, which I thought were identical to the pair I was wearing at the time, but a size smaller (the current ones are a bit loose). Yeah, right. I tried to put on a pair of "misses" Levis. "Tried" being the operative word their. And Sears doesn't seem to carry womens sizes in Levis. (Actually, the Levis site has Juniors, Misses, Petites, and Plus. Thanks a lot, there. Calling it "Womens" instead of "Plus" might just be semantics, but it wouldn't make me as bummed about shopping that section, either. What about those of us who aren't "Misses" anymore, but aren't really "Plus" sized either? (Okay, I'm probably a Plus right now, but still.)

So, even assuming that I return a pair or two of pants, I'm good for the year now that it's getting too warm for cords. Unfortunately, we didn't find any equivalent deals for DH in the way of dress pants. He's lost 30 pounds in the past year, thanks to the Byetta, and his current pants are a bit on the large size.

That would be the weight my parents, and his, are so unbelievably fussed about. Now, keep in mind, he saw his doctor last week for his quarterly checkup. Doc was totally fine with the weight loss and would be okay with DH losing another 10-20 pounds, which DH could do pretty easily by adding a bit of exercise to the diet & meds. DH's mom was talking last weekend over dinner about him being "unhealthily thin" if he lost anymore weight, and my parents have been worried that he's lost too much weight for a few months now. Mom keeps telling me to make sure I feed him enough, and worrying about DH seeming tired, while she ignores the big dark circles under my eyes (DH gets more sleep than I do!) and the fact that I still weigh about what I did at 7 months pregnant.

And I wonder why I feel ignored sometimes.

No comments: