Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cute Burrito Stories

Since I can't find the baby book, y'all are going to have to sit through some cute stories about El Burrito, before I forget them.

The boy was in fine form yesterday, too. We were having a snack after his nap - he had Goldfish crackers, I had pineapple. I offered him some pineapple, and he liked it. For the first few bites, he was sitting at his "table" in the kitchen (it's really a step-stool, but he sits on the bottom step and rolls his cars on the top step). Then he moved over to sit right next to me, to be all of 18 inches closer to the pineapple. After a few more bites, he was in my lap. I guess the pineapple was a hit.

Later, he was laying on the kitchen rug, and started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He's sang along with us a little, but that was the first time he did it on his own. And of course he wouldn't do it again after I grabbed the camera to get it on video. He did sing again while we were visiting his grandma in the hospital, and he even pointed both arms at the sky at the end. Cracked his grandparents up. :)

He's also started lining up his cars in his crib. He's got a handful of little plastic Tonka cars that he goes to bed with (we take them out after he's asleep), and I went in yesterday at nap time and found this.


As much as he plays with his Ikea wooden trains, I would have bet that he'd line them up end-to-end like a train, but nope, the boy parks his cars. This picture cracked his grandpa up again last night.

Mom's surgery went well. We drove down to visit her last night, and may go again tomorrow if she has to stay in until Saturday.

No comments: