Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Tuesday, another library trip

Finally, the tax stuff is in the mail and gone. We're later than usual this year; DH pulled an almost-all-night session over the weekend finishing up the main taxes and dealing with Missouri's weird use tax. (We spent a lot of money online last year. Blame Amazon.)

So, the library stats for today: 35 items out, 7 on hold. I returned two books, and came home with one book and a DVD - Slings & Arrows Series 1 again. Maybe I'll finish it this time. :)

For the returns, I finished The Complete Peanuts 1961-1962, and Architecture of the Absurd (subtitled How "Genius" Disfigured a Practical Art. It's a quick read, lacking in depth but interesting. I wonder what he'd think of the new library here.) Then we spent $8 at the book sale (some nice picture books, $2 each). And, while we were there, I remembered to check the back issues of the newspaper from last week. Yep, our picture was there, on the front page, with a quote. I sound a little, I don't know, uninspired with my quote. And I miscounted and said it was El Burrito's second election. Second this year, I should have said, because I know he went a few times last year, too. Oh well.

No comments: