Friday, April 18, 2008

Shamrocks, earthquakes, stroller-ing, and Doctor Who

For the record, I didn't feel either of the Illinois quakes today, and I was awake for the second one. Which is odd, if people in Kansas felt it, but we didn't. Illogical, Spock would say.

It's Friday, so I've been working on the list of things to take care of this weekend. Like the leaking faucet, and a squash that needs to be baked. Hopefully, El Burrito will like baked squash as much as he liked the squashed squash-in-a-jar baby food.

I put El Burrito in his stroller after lunch - with a blanket, since it's 30 degrees cooler than yesterday - and we took a spin around the neighborhood (maybe half a mile). He seems to like it. I mentioned it before lunch and he asked a few times about "walk in stroller" while he ate. Plus, he talked the whole time we were out, mostly about Grandpa's truck, and the squirrel we saw. If I can manage to do that every day, I may lose some of the baby weight at last.

I just ate the last tiny pack of candy Sweethearts, from two Valentine's Days ago. Plus, I didn't buy any sale candy after Easter or Valentine's this year. The candy stash is dwindling, and it's a long time until Halloween. I may have to actually bake my own cookies now, but that's not a bad thing. Even a cake mix has to be a little healthier than the pre-made stuff, and I'll burn a calorie or two stirring it all up.

And I just ordered some purple oxalis (shamrock) bulbs. I'll have to resist adding to the jungle, since it's a pain to move plants, but I swore two years ago that I'd get some. Now I just want a jade plant, a decent looking aloe, and another variegated ginger (to replace the $5 ginger that I killed, after stressing for hours about whether to buy it or not, I kid you not).

Someone's awake now, so the rest of my online shopping will have to wait until tonight. Plus, new Doctor Who tonight (! !) and Battlestar Galactica. Friday night is geek night.

No comments: