Friday, April 11, 2008

Breezy

This is the kind of day that makes me want to go back to bed - cold, grey, and windy. Plus, a nice headache right behind my left eye, and I'm tired anyway. Joy. It's a good thing I don't have any garden catalogs around, because I'd probably be tempted. As it is, I spent part of yesterday working on a letter to the condo board. I don't know who decides when to prune the shrubs, but they pruned the forsythia in December (it should be pruned just after it blooms), and as a result, they look like crap instead of like beautiful cheery yellow bushes again this year.

Instead of going back to bed, I spent the morning reading books to a certain young man, and looking at pictures of Trucks! with him on the computer. Oh, and playing trains, too. He's been a bit cranky when he can't get the trains linked up - he's still figuring out the positive/negative magnet idea.

We have to make another hospital visit tonight; Mom won't go home until tomorrow at the earliest. She has to walk and make it to the bathroom by herself before she can be discharged, and so far she's passed out or vomited every time they've gotten her out of bed. Her blood pressure drops when she sits up, which is probably what's causing the passing out. She's not a really happy camper right now.

No comments: