Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yarn stuff

I'm working on El Burrito's new winter hat right now. I started it last night, but he was into things and I lost count so I had to rip it all out and start over. It's a very basic hat pattern, found after much Googling, done with an I hook and a skein of Paton's Canadiana yarn in the "Misty Mountain" variegated. Hopefully it's a masculine enough color that people won't have to ask if he's a girl - it's much darker in person, not as much purple.

Then I went to Michael's for their yarn sale tonight. Came home with 3 skeins, all Bernat - 1 Bamboo Natural Blends in linen, 1 Satin Sport in seashore, and one Softee Chunky in denim ragg. The Bamboo is my first bamboo yarn (it's 86% bamboo). Michael's has just started carrying most of these; I would have noticed the Satin Sport if I'd seen it before. Nice and soft. The Softee Chunky may end up being another Burrito hat, too.

No comments: