Monday, November 26, 2007

Frustration

Online shopping is supposed to be easier, right? So why am I sitting here waiting for Hasbro's site to reload (multiple times), and watching Target try to decide if the Potato Head set is in stock or not (it's changed almost daily for the past few days). I was getting ready to check out today when it went out of stock again. Gah!

And now I'm trying to decide if I can trim the Hasbro order anywhere. It's heavy math - is ordering enough for free shipping more expensive than ordering just the essentials, or not? I should mention that I'm not that good with math, especially working in my head. On paper is better, but this is like one of those tricky word problems with no right answer, especially since their shipping is based on weight. And then, of course, Target's website makes you get halfway through completing the order before they tell you what shipping is.

And then there's a big complicated Amazon order to place today. It'll have to be split, because the 10% discount from my credit card can't be used on the 4-for-3 deal. I wish they'd put the whole cart on one page and let you sort by price or whatever. Much easier.

Meanwhile, it's cold and rainy here. I've got a sore throat and El Burrito has a nice little cold, runny nose and all. Something viral, I guess, since he's been on antibiotics for the past ten days for an ear infection. And he may come down with something worse, since one of my cousins this weekend was being treated for strep, had a "classic viral rash" according to her nurse-aunt, and of course had to breathe all over El Burrito and cough on his bus book while we were there. I'm all for a healthy immune system, but at the same time, I'm not going to go begging for more sickness. That's just crazy.

No comments: