Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Unproductivity

. . . again.

It's almost 5:00 and I feel like I've gotten zilch done. Part of that may be because
  • we didn't go to bed until 2 freaking a.m.
  • it took me another 2 hours to finally fall asleep (not counting dozing off for a few minutes)
  • woke up at 8:30
  • meant to leave the house at 11:30 and didn't get out the door until noon
  • searched in vain at JCPenney for the "Moon in my Room" that the clerks didn't recognize
  • until I called on the phone and was told "yeah, we have it"
  • and El Burrito didn't start his nap until 4:15 (an hour after being put in the crib)
Sheesh.

And instead of working on some pictures in Paint Shop, I'm fighting the email tsunami and updating my stash at Ravelry. And letting the dinner beans boil over. Oops.

There's also the Pile of Laundry that won't go away, which needs to be dealt with. One basket's worth of clean *stuff* that's been hanging around for a month or so now. It's not the same stuff exactly; a few things get put away, a few different things get shoved in, and it rotates. Odd things like a sock or two, assorted Burrito things, whatever. But I can not figure out why it's hanging around like a bad cold. I keep attacking it, and it's winning.

On the other hand, we scored $4 worth of cool stuff at the library sale today. Three Serendipity books (by Stephen Cosgrove, lovely illustrations by Robin James) for 50 cents each, plus The Class Pet from the Black Lagoon, the board book version of Jamberry, and 365 Science Projects (planning ahead for El Burrito).

And my American Science & Surplus order shipped, with a box full of inexpensive and neat stuff. Their catalog is always a kick to look through, and so is their website. Instead of using the gibberish letters for spam prevention, they use math problems (easy ones). I like their attitude.

I'm also enjoying probably the last nice weather for months. It was in the 70's today, for crying out loud. The high on Thursday? Yeah, um, try the 30's. Precipitation was mentioned. That's when I stuck my fingers in my ears and started humming loudly.

No comments: