Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Stuff

All right, Walmart is tempting me too much now. They've got the TMX Cookie Monster as one of their daily deals, for $20, and DH just talked me out of getting El Burrito one. As he says, we've already bought most of his gifts, and the Cookie Monster thing may be a passing phase. Or maybe it was really for me, since I bought myself a Mr. Potato Head from Target. Who knows.

It's not like the boy is deficient in the toy area, and heaven knows, with Christmas next month we'll be knee-deep in toys. Maybe it's because I remember wanting things when I was a kid, and not even mentioning that I wanted them because I knew it wasn't going to happen. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for a "Deal!!!" and susceptible to commercials. I won't deny either of those. I remind myself regularly that just because it's on sale, doesn't mean that I have to buy it. And 95% of the time, I don't. Which will occasionally leave me wishing two days later that I had bought it, darn it, but usually not.

Of course, DH is still confused by the fact that just because I say something in a store is "neat" or "cute" or whatever, doesn't mean that I'm going to buy one. It just means that I appreciate the idea of it, not that I want one sitting on the coffee table.

Now I'm off to blow my nose some more (since the cold is still hanging on) and search for the old Tickle Me Cookie Monster on Ebay. Surely now that the new improved one is out, the old one will be cheaper, right?

Stay tuned for more cold-induced ramblings.

No comments: