Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Books

El Burrito, proving that he really is my kid, is showing signs of being a book worm already. (I said - mostly joking - when he was born that he could do two things that would make me wonder if we brought home the wrong baby: not liking to read, and being afraid of animals.) We're pretty sure that he is saying "read" now, although it comes out more like "ree-dah" - but it's still easy to understand when he's standing there with a book. So, he periodically bops over with a book and pretty much demands that I or DH read it to him, saying "ree" and climbing up our leg. He's also happy to look at books on his own, usually the board books that can take some abuse, but also regular books, catalogs, my Dayrunner, and occasionally a blank spiral notebook that seems to fascinate him.

He loves to look at books, and he's surprisingly good about not tearing the pages when he turns them. His favorite books this week are Happy Birthday, Moon, which I read to him three times in one hour yesterday, the Going to Bed Book, and Sheep in a Jeep. I'm thinking that some of the other books in the series might be good ideas for his Xmas list for Grandma B.

He's also got a thing for the moon these days. He loves Happy Birthday, Moon and the Going to Bed Book, both of which have the moon in the illustrations, and he likes to look out the window at the moon. So, he's getting the Moon in my Room for Christmas, since we found it on sale at JCPenney.

On the other hand, I think he's finally started saying "no" this week. Usually it's "nonononono" and reminds me of the character Jim on Vicar of Dibley, whose most common answer to any question is "no no no no . . . yes". For now, we're going to pretend it isn't happening.

No comments: