Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Well, duh

Proof that I can be an airhead.

I got a box from Amazon today: two books and the Babylon 5: The Lost Tales DVD. I noticed as I unpacked it that one of the books looks familiar. Because, duh, I already have a copy, which I was looking at last night. In spite of the Big Monstrous Spreadsheet listing almost every book we own (except for the ones in Mom's basement), I managed to buy the same book twice. And pay full price for it both times!

The real kicker is that it's an $8 book, so by the time I went through Amazon's return process, I'd only get $4 for it. I think I'll see what the used book store will give me for it.

1 comment:

PipneyJane said...

I've done this, too! Even worse, I didn't really like the book the first time i read it. Couldn't get into it. I just didn't recognise it, when I saw it again on Amazon.

- Pam