Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fun, Day 2

More Burrito's-at-Grandma's fun:

Last night, we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean, which I thought we'd missed. By chance, I looked at the showtimes for the theater we usually don't go to (high prices, abysmal popcorn), and they're still showing it twice a day. Not a bad movie, although I think the first two were better.

Of course, there was some pre-movie drama. We've got this neighbor who's a bit of a drunk. He's the one who had Brother-in-law's truck towed last year, when BIL parked in Drunk Neighbor's space. Anyway, when I came home yesterday (at 1:15), I for some bizarre reason parked in the spot next to mine, which happens to be Neighbor's space. I can't explain it, I must have been distracted. Anyway, at 5:00 we were heading out to have dinner and go to the movies. DH went to get the mail, and Neighbor was standing by the mailboxes waiting for something. DH finds out that he's miffed that someone's in his parking space, takes a look, and I go move my car.

Now, my car had been there for 4 hours. I'd been home the whole time. I've been parking next to Neighbor for 7 years, been driving the same car for 7 years. I don't care how many brain cells he's pickled over the years, you can't tell me that my car didn't look just a tiny bit familiar. And yet, instead of knocking on the 7 other doors in our building, because he knew the car belonged to someone in the building, he just calls a tow truck.

Rude, passive-aggressive, petty, vindictive, un-neighborly, rotten stinking jerk.

So. Enough about that. Today, for my enjoyment, I went to the big flea market/antique mall south of town. It took about 2 and a half hours to go through the whole thing, and I actually found a few things worth buying (under $40 total). I also found some grossly overpriced things related to my hobby. And we may go see Ratatouille tonight. We have gift cards to one of the theaters.

Tomorrow El Burrito returns. So, before he gets home, I have to:
  • take some books that I sold to the P.O.
  • hunt down 7 beads for the cross-stitch project, since I've misplaced the ones that came with the kit
  • hunt down a frame for said cross-stitch
  • finish and frame the cross-stitch (without glass, and just temporarily)
  • decide on the photos for the fair
  • get said photos printed and matted with posterboard (again temporarily)
Part of that will be easy - I checked a few things at Michaels' this morning, but I think I have some beads and a frame here that will work.

No comments: