Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another unproductive day

Welll, it feels like it, anyway.

Things accomplished: five pounds of split chicken breast going in the crock pot, the condo lunch (a 2.5 hour excursion), and El Burrito fed twice so far. Oh, and three diapers changed.

And it's already 4:30. And I'm hungry again.

For the condo lunch this month, we went to a local brewery/pub. I've been there once before, and I'm still not impressed. DH was right - if you don't order the food when they take drink orders, you'll add a half hour to your stay. So, after arriving at 11:00, our food came out about 11:50. Catfish was okay, but tasted a bit burnt (it was cornmeal breading, my favorite), and the fries were a touch on the soggy side for my liking. The soda had an odd taste - I think the carbonation was out of whack on their soda fountain. But what irked me most was that for some reason, the waiter brought the checks in three trips (there were maybe 15 people today), but somehow didn't print mine up until the fourth trip. By the time I got my check, everyone else had paid and left, and believe me, these ladies don't rush. Lots of chit-chat and all. Nice waiter, but still. He got a $2 tip (almost 20%), just because El Burrito was fussy and I didn't want to fiddle with the math.

Meh. I'm going to go work on the cross-stitch while Burrito is asleep.

No comments: