Friday, July 27, 2007

Burrito's Puppy

I talked to my mom this morning, and El Burrito now has a puppy. Sort of, anyway, since it'll be staying with the grandparents until we find a place - DH says we'll have to get off our butts and start looking, or Burrito will have a dog instead of a puppy.

I owe him a puppy anyway. I told him when he was born that if he managed to avoid colic, I'd get him a puppy when he was big enough. Of course, given his age, I think it'll be "our" puppy more than "Burrito's" puppy, but hey.

My brother's beagle/basset cross had puppies this spring, the day after El Burrito's birthday. Six total, 4 males and 2 females. All cute as can be, of course, and 75% beagle. Brother is keeping one male and one female for himself, El Burrito gets the second female, and Bro is going to sell the others. Unfortunately, the male he planned to keep (adorable little guy with full-size basset ears) got lost last week. Mama-dog followed my brother when he went to check on some hay he'd cut, and the pups weren't penned. Three of them followed Mama (Suzie), and only two came back. They looked everywhere, called the neighbors, but no luck. Hopefully someone driving by picked it up as a stray; it's better than thinking the poor little guy had some sort of nasty run-in with a snake, eagle, or my cousin's idiot dog-pack.


Our puppy is probably one of these four. Of course, this was taken back when they slept half the time. They've outgrown that. :)

Other Burrito news: The Crib War is waning. He's gone to sleep in his crib the past few nights without protest. He may not stay there all night yet - he usually ends up with us about 4 am when he wakes up - but it's progress.

No comments: