Monday, July 9, 2007

Crib boycotts, Fair stuff, and more

First and foremost, I hate going to the dentist. Just have to get that off my chest. Yes, I had an hour of "alone time" (aka baby-free time) today, but half of it was spent getting my teeth cleaned, the other half spent going to and from the dentist's office. It definitely wasn't relaxing.

Crib War news: Napping in the crib is back. El Burrito has been napping in his crib for a full week now, with no problems. Back to the old routine: put El Burrito in the crib with Eeyore and Jingle Pony, hugs and kisses, turn the monitor on, and he may or may not fuss for a few minutes before conking out. Hooray!!

However, sleeping in the crib at night? Still firmly and loudly vetoed. We've tried the recent standard of putting him in the crib when he's tired (which used to work, I swear I'm not imagining that). We've tried putting him in the crib when he's asleep. Light on, light off. House completely dark, or not. No go. Even sleeping in the playpen in our room isn't 100% working. Which means, basically, that one of us has to go to bed when he does, or else he stays awake until we do. And he usually wakes up when we do, since moving him to the playpen or crib in the morning also doesn't work. So we're all getting less sleep than we'd like.

Fair news: The class list for the Home Arts division is online now (with a typo in the link that I notified the webmaster about). So I can plan what to enter this year. I've got a counted cross-stitch that I can enter, providing I can finish up the backstitching in 11 days. I started it 6 years ago (*), but since it's not finished, I think it should qualify for the two-year time limit. Then I've got the crochet stuff - El Burrito's acorn hat (without the leaves, but oh well), my Gryffindor scarf, and whatever else I can fit into a category.

* - I think it's been 6 years. I could be off a year or so. DH and his siblings were recommended to have colonoscopies every three years, because both parents had colon cancer. I know I started it in the waiting room while DH had his colonoscopy-before-last. Last time, it was the Gryffindor scarf, the time before that it was the quotation on this cross-stitch, because it was all one color and I wouldn't have to take all of the floss. I just can't remember how long it's been since the last one. I know it was pre-Burrito, but I can't remember if it was pre-pregnancy or not.

No comments: