Friday, July 6, 2007

I did it !

I just called for some information on entering the Home Arts division at the county fair this month. It's another one of those things I was going to do last year, like the Riding Program, until I/we got pregnant and El Burrito's arrival tossed all my plans and routines out the window.

Of course, the division I want to enter (Home Arts, i.e. photography, needlework, canning, etc) is the only division that doesn't have a class list on the Fair website, or a contact number. I Googled until I tracked down a contact number from two years ago, and luckily that's still the contact person, but the phone call wasn't the most successful. Her class list file was corrupted and she hasn't got another copy, so she told me what little she remembered offhand. But nothing on sizes, matting for photos, time limits or whatever. Her advice was just to bring whatever I have to the entry session and fill info out there.

So I guess I'll just scrounge up my nerve, take a box of stuff on entry day and wing it. I know they have sections for photography and crochet, but there are probably other things I could enter if I knew what they accepted. And sadly, I had the brochure from two years ago, and tossed it because I just knew I'd find another one this year.

And, through the lovely services of the Wayback Machine, I just found the class list from 2004. Not up to date, but a place to start.

Also, Amazon's clearance section is dangerous. I realized in time that while the price was great, I don't need 7 pounds of Irish steel-cut oats. (Although DH could stand to lower his cholesterol.) I did get a book, a set of microfiber dishtowels, two things for El Burrito, and three very cheap plush toys that may be mine or may be El Burrito's. We'll see who wants them worse. :)

No comments: