Monday, July 16, 2007

The "Free" Day, part 1

So, here I am, almost 24 hours into our little Burrito-vacation. Less than 48 hours before the Vacation ends.

So, how have I been using the time?

Well, we went to a movie last night. The plan was to see the 5:00 showing of Harry Potter (matinee price), then grocery shopping and dinner. That plan hit a big rock, as the 5:00 show was sold out at 4:40. So, we ended up with full-price tickets to the 8:00 show (skipping the 6:30 option, because darn it, if I pay $8 for a ticket, I wanna see it on the BIG screen). Grocery shopping got shifted to the pre-movie time, and we ate sandwiches at home.

The movie verdict: not bad, although it seemed shorter than the others, and as though more of the book had been left out. I know, they're trying to cram 500+ pages of book into a 2 or 2.5 hour movie, but still. I wanted to see the statues come to life. And the Weasleys' swamp. Dolores Umbridge, though, was just as creepy as she should have been. Like a 1950's-era matron with a nasty evil streak. And all the cats!

Today, in between the laundry, I've read part of a book, and done a little bargain hunting. I went to the "small" flea market, hoping to find some horse figurines. There are a couple of flea markets I like to go to, but I can't take the Burrito - these places are too crowded and not stroller-friendly at all. No luck today, at least nothing that I bought, but I'm going to the "big" flea market tomorrow.

And I did stop at Orschelns and get some toy farm animals for the Burrito. I feel guilty that he'd never met a horse until last month, and I'm not sure that he's seen a live cat yet either. He got to play with his Uncle's puppies yesterday, although he's not as crazy about them as he was. Understandable - they're past the tripping over their own feet stage, and at 7 weeks old, they're very energetic and rambunctious. Plus armed with sharp little claws. But he did pet one, and got to watch them fighting and playing with each other. If we had room, he'd probably be bringing one home with him on Wednesday.

No comments: