Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yarn and Burrito stories

El Burrito stories: He's learned to say his own name (close enough, anyway), and uses it a lot w hen we look at pictures on the computer. Which is one of his favorite pastimes lately. He's also discovered that I have a rubber ducky (a Due South souvenir) and is a little miffed that he can't play with it.

I'm going to start working on his 2nd hat this week/weekend. Day late, dollar short - it's 18 degrees here, so he could use a warm hat with earflaps now. I played with the Bernat Satin Sport in Seashore that I bought a while back, and I think I'm in love. Nice silky smooth yarn, and a beautiful color. Now I just need to figure out what to make with it. It's a lightweight yarn, "3" on the label, and Bernat's website doesn't really have any good suggestions.

And I don't think Ebay's shipping calculator is quite right, because the shipping it charged my buyer is possibly going to be less than what the PO is going to charge me. Ebay charged the buyer $9.29, the USPS site says it'll be $9.10 minimum (it's sitting on the hairline between 2 pounds 15 oz, and 3 pounds 1 oz). And that's with a small ($1.50 or so) handling fee added in. I'll have to remember this next time.

No comments: