Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cold weather

It's cold here today. Okay, not North-Pole cold, but below-freezing cold.

So I've got almost 5 pounds of split chicken breast going in the crock pot, along with a whole head of garlic. And in about an hour, I'll go cut up some carrots and sweet potatoes to toss in, and decide whether or not to have DH stop for a loaf of Italian bread on the way home (garlic bread - yummy!! But high-carb.)

El Burrito's latest craze is to sit on my lap and make me scroll through all the pictures on the computer. Especially pictures of him, his family, or balloons. He gets the biggest kick out of it. And believe me, there are a lot of pictures on this hard drive. We have a digital camera, and I don't manage to delete all the "bad" shots.

I'd be much happier, though, if he'd get over this waking-in-the-night thing he's been doing lately. We're not sure if it's another tooth coming in, ear pain, dire thirst, or just the nasty congestion that he and I have had lately. Whatever it is, we're about two hours short on sleep from last night.

I had another brainstorm (small one this time), and put a "missing dogs" ad on the semi-local Craigslist. The Craigslist cities are about an hour from "home" but it's worth a shot. And I'll work on an ad for the local paper this weekend. The deadline is Monday, which always throws me off, because our paper was never delivered until Thursday.

Now I just need to find the paperwork to send with the camera, get the veggies cooking, and work on my sister's website. She moved from Georgia to Michigan last month, so I need to update the location if nothing else.

No comments: