Monday, January 14, 2008

Progress!

We've been making progress.

** My dad called this morning: he found DH's wedding ring. Yay! It's the strangest thing, though. I had a brainstorm over the weekend, and we looked at all the pictures from Christmas. DH had the ring on at his family's house Christmas Eve, but it was gone in the pictures from Christmas Morning at my parents'. Since it was gone in some pics taken maybe 20 minutes after we got there, we figured that it was either here or at his Mom's. Or in the driveway somewhere. Not so. Dad found it in a trash bag of used wrapping paper that he was using to light the wood furnace. Luckily, they pay attention when they're lighting fires - Mom found a gift one year that got shoveled in with some wrapping paper, and I had a whole sheet of stamps fall into the shred bag a few years ago.

I'd actually told Mom a few days ago that we figured it was here. We started at the door yesterday and searched every inch, which meant clearing everything off around the computer desk, since the ring usually sits in the change bowl next to the printer. I found a few things I was looking for, and four half-used rolls of Scotch tape, but no ring.

** I just got off the phone with Olympus tech support, since the reset idea didn't work and the camera still has problems. They don't diagnose problems over the phone, and no longer have their little AI-based troubleshooter on the website, so my poor camera will be traveling to the repair center in New York. I've got a month left on the warranty, so with any luck I'll only be out the cost of shipping it back. The hard part will be writing an explanation of the problems; they're hard to put into words, and it doesn't help that they seem to be random and not easy to replicate.

** El Burrito got his very first haircut last night, fully documented on video and photo. More on that tomorrow.

** I finally ordered the magazine subscription I gave my sister for Christmas. I swore I sent a check with my renewal, but apparently not.

On the other hand, I managed to miss the deadline for classifieds in the paper back home, so the "Missing Puppies" ad will have to be in next week's paper. (This would be a drawback to a weekly local paper.)

And when we went shopping at Toys R Us, I realized that the $5 gift card we got for buying diapers there last fall had expired two weeks ago. Rats!

No comments: