Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hat problems

I've finished the main part (not the earflaps) of El Burrito's new hat twice now, and am going to be hoping that the third time's the charm. The first time, it was too long, so I ripped out a few rows and left out a row of back- and front-post double crochet. The second time (finished this morning), the length was right, but I discovered that I've managed to add in about 5 stitches at some point (65 instead of 60 total). Which explains why the seam was looking so odd. So I'm going to take out the last four or five rows and see if I can't pay better attention this time.

I'll have most of a skein left, too, since I trusted the label when it said one hat = two skeins. He's too young for a scarf yet, so who knows what the extra will end up as.

No comments: