Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Books and such

After the library run, we have 17 items checked out, and 9 on hold. I didn't keep track, but I do know that I returned 3 DVDs, a CD, and about 4 books, and we came home with 3 DVDs and 3 books, I think.

Returned:
  • Reckless Part 2
  • Reckless Part 3
  • a trucks & tractors DVD (better than the There Goes A series, because the Daves are just annoying)
  • Green, Greener, Greenest - Interesting stuff, and I like the way it was laid out.
  • In the Presence of Horses - Very weird, a high body-count (mostly equine), and kinda depressing. Seriously, don't waste your time. Wish I hadn't, and I just skimmed it over lunch.
  • Other book I can't remember.
  • Farm picture book for El Burrito
Then we spent $4 at the book sale. El Burrito got a Frog & Toad book.

And then we came home. Yep, I didn't stop to vote on the way back. Too darn hot, and I haven't been reading up on the candidates. Besides which, Missouri makes you choose which party's ballot you want, so you can't vote for a few Dems and a few Reps. Takes all the fun out of it, since most people are running unopposed and the "big" races are on different ballots.

I also haven't been keeping track of which candidates irritate me the most with things like automated phone calls and stupid-to-the-point-of-insulting TV ads. And the so-called "attack ads" - tell me why to vote for you, twit, not why to not vote for the other guy. I answered the phone once last week and it was a recorded message. I hung up, then picked up the phone, and the message was still going. Had to hang up twice more to get rid of the parasite. We've also got a local guy who claims to be the only Congressperson with both a medical and a legal degree. That's a lot of student loans for a guy who doesn't seem to be practicing either profession. He always makes sure to put the "Dr." in front of his name, though.

And on top of it all, I've got a killer sore throat this week. Doesn't seem to be DH's summer cold, since I don't have the stuffy head, etc., just a sore throat.

No comments: