Thursday, August 7, 2008

Alone

Wow, I'm all alone right now.

First off, APOD has an awesome picture today. I think it's the purple that attracts me. That, and the idea of the Trans-Siberian Railway.

That's right, El Burrito is having his last summer trip to Grandma & Grandpa's house, since Mom starts back to work at the school on Monday. We're going down Saturday for the weekend and will bring him home.

I met them halfway between here and there, and we had lunch before I handed over El Burrito and the car seat. Mom spent lunch trying to bribe him to eat more (offering him ice cream), which didn't work. When he's done, he's done, and trying to sneak a spoonfull into his mouth doesn't work (usually). I don't see any reason to fight with him too much over it. He's growing well, his ped. is happy with his weight and height, and he does eat fairly well. If he says he's done, I'm not gonna contradict him. On the other hand, that doesn't mean he'll get junky snacks if he's hungry in a few hours. He'll get something like apple bits, instead of the orange Tootsie Pop that Grandma gave him while I was in the bathroom.

I've still got this nasty sore throat, and if it bothers me again tonight I'm calling the doctor's office tomorrow. No real fever, but a wicked sore throat and a cough is just not fun. I've also got some shopping to do tomorrow, fun fun.

No comments: