Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Riding lessons update

I just got an email from the woman in charge of the Summer Riding. My first-choice class (Beginning Riding) was full, so I'm in my second-choice class, Western Riding. Not a big deal, I was thinking of watching a few of the Western lessons anyway. And this is the later evening class, so a) it may be cooler and b) DH won't have to come home early.

However.

I'm the only adult in the class. The others are a bunch of 10-or-so-year-old girls. Yeah. My out-of-shape, overweight self, and a gaggle of skinny, limber, energetic kids. I can't wait.

On the other hand, I was riding a horse longer than most of them have been alive, even if it was totally-self-taught, schlepping-around-the-field-bareback riding. I may look like crap, but at least I'm tall enough to bridle my own horse.

Class starts next Monday, and orientation is this weekend. I don't have to go, but I probably will. Need to track down both boots (one is under the bed, I know), dust off the helmet, and make sure I have fresh sunscreen. And find my squishy neckband cooling thingy.

No comments: