Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Library day

Today's library stats: 44 items checked out, 8 on my wait list. 5 books returned, 7 holds picked up (3 for El Burrito), plus one CD and one book checked out.

Going back to the library today:

  • Neither Here nor There: Travels in Europe - Bill Bryson: I like his writing, and this one was pretty good. I wish I could travel and meet people like that, but it doesn't seem to work. I guess I didn't get the "adventurous" gene or something. I tried to do new things in Ireland - I ordered something called "gougans" from a menu. It was chicken tenders/strips.
  • Stitch & Bitch Crochet - I may end up with a copy of this one. Her explanations are pretty clear, and thanks to a tip from this book, I can figure out the right and wrong sides of a piece (except for anything done in the round). Not a big deal with scarves, but I plan to try a sweater sometime soon.
  • Billy & Blaze - I'm going to have to buy these, if they're still in print. El Burrito may or may not like them, but I'll happily read them again. C.W. Anderson drew some nice horses.
  • Tractors
  • Serious Farm - This was a cute story, although El Burrito will probably appreciate it more in a few months.
We spent $5.50 at the book sale, mostly on books for El Burrito. Kid's got the best-stocked bookcase around, I'll wager. Three books ($2) for me, and seven for El B: 3 Mercer Mayer, 3 Muppets, 1 Pooh. Pretty good haul.

No comments: