Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Books and more books

Somehow, the library numbers didn't go down much, in spite of returning 11 books this week. Probably didn't help that we came home with 2 DVDs and 7 books (only 2 of those are mine).

Today: 37 items out, 5 on hold. Someone's been busy, because I'm up to #8 on the wait-list for Battle of the Labyrinth.

Returned:
  • Tractor Day (almost caused a mutiny - El Burrito is still working on the idea of borrowed books)
  • Remember Me?, the new Sophie Kinsella novel - Pretty good, but a bit similar to her other non-Shopaholic books. Heroine has issues with old lifestyle, crisis, and finds a new better lifestyle and/or boyfriend. But, they're fun to read and not too eye-roll inducing, so it's all good.
  • Me, Myspace and I - Kind of interesting, but I'm sure by the time El Burrito is online, there'll be a new "in" thing to replace Myspace
  • Party Princess
  • Valentine Princess
  • Ancient Egyptian Cross Stitch - Beautiful stuff, but I don't have time right now.
  • More Crocheted Aran Sweaters by Jane Snedden Peever - Ditto.
  • Heartfelt Gifts to Knit & Crochet (Lion Brand & Vanna White) - Has a Log Cabin afghan that would use up a bunch of random yarn.
  • The Home Organizing Idea Book - Wasn't helpful, but if I was building a house, there are a few ideas.
  • 24-Hour Crochet
  • Hooked Scarves: 20 Easy Projects
Then we spent $7.50 at the book sale, and saw El Burrito's buddy, who had another book to give him. It was the first sale of the month, so the theme was cooking and handicrafts. We found a couple of interesting cookbooks, which I don't usually buy - I prefer to get them from the library to see if they've got anything interesting first - and El Burrito found a couple of goodies.
  • Richard Scarry's Busiest Fire Fighters Ever! (I remember these, and I love the illustrations)
  • One Year of Healthy, Hearty & Simple One-dish Meals
  • Frugal Gourmet cooks Three Ancient Cuisines: China, Greece, Rome
  • The Well-Filled Tortilla
  • The Sesame Street Story Book
  • Peekaboo Bunny: Friends in the Snow (El Burrito's gift from his buddy)
Most of the books we checked out were for El Burrito; I had two on hold waiting, but that was it. And luckily we found the Easter Beagle DVD to check out. The kid's on a big "watch Charlie Brown!" kick right now, and as hard as it is to believe, I may have gotten close to my limit for the Charlie Brown Christmas. (Frightening, because I loooooove that one. And I'd hate to burn out on it.)

No comments: