Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dirty trick!

I'm an Indiana Jones fan, just to get that clear. Not an extreme fan - I own the DVDs, but haven't watched them recently. (Need to fix that before next week!) I bought the Taters of the Lost Ark Mr. Potato Head, but I won't pay $50 plus for each of the old soundtracks. I'm a moderate fan. :)

Anyway. Our local paper comes with the little USA Weekend "magazine" on Saturdays. I like it for the Sudoku, and occasionally they have something about movies. The latest cover advertised their interview with Harrison Ford (who looks very good for his age).

Notice the Exclusive Poster that is mentioned on the cover. It's also mentioned inside, with the interview.


I was reading along, enjoyed the short interview, and was really looking forward to an Indy poster to stick on my file cabinet next to the PC.

I turned the page, and this is their Exclusive! Indiana Jones poster:

That? Is NOT Indiana Jones. Or Harrison Ford, for that matter.

Nowhere near either one, actually. I'm still disappointed, and it's Thursday. Okay, Shia LaBeouf has gotten past the nerdy Even Stevens thing, and I'm sure the teeny-boppers and even college kids will be hanging his poster everywhere. He's got that whole James Dean thing going. But darn it, I want that Indiana Jones poster that they kept talking about.

No comments: